Toby Wiggins studied at the Royal Academy Schools. He has exhibited at the Royal Academy Summer Show, BP Portrait Award, Discerning Eye, Jerwood Drawing Prize and the Holburne Portrait Prize, Bath.
Toby won the Prince of Wales Drawing Award in 2005 and 2013, the Changing Faces Prize in 2006 and the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize for figurative painting in 2009.
In 2006, after winning the BP Travel Award, he made portraits of the rural community of Wessex which were exhibited at the National Portrait Gallery in 2007 and subsequently Dorset County Museum.
“With every new sitter, I try to respond afresh to the repeated challenges that portraiture offers. I hope that my work is an honest expression of the particular individual(s), a translation of what I see and what I feel”
10 x 12 inches £2,500
20 x 16 inches £6,000
24 x 20 inches £8,000
30 x 25 inches £10,000
40 x 30 inches £12,000
50 x 40 inches £15,000
60 x 40 inches £18,000
Start from 16 x 12 inches for £1,500
This is a rough fee-guide for a single portrait. Frame, travel & accommodation expenses, and VAT are not included. For groups and non-standard sizes please ask for a quote.
METHOD OF WORKING
I can work with groups as well as individuals and will travel for sittings. I usually require 3-5 sittings and upwards depending on the project. Each sitting will take 2-3 hours with breaks. I work from life, but develop the paintings back in the studio, between sittings. I can work from photographs in special circumstances. I am currently not registered for VAT.
- 2003/4/6/7 BP Portrait Award, National Portrait Gallery, London
- 2004 to 2010 Summer Exhibition, Royal Academy, London
- Royal Society of Portrait Painters, Mall Galleries, London
- 2003/4/5/7/10 Discerning Eye, Mall Galleries, London
- 2006 Jerwood Drawing Prize
- 2010 21/21 British Art Fair Royal College London
- Holburne Portrait Prize, Bath
- The Living Art of British Painting, Bohun Gallery, Henley on Thames
- 2009 Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize, Painters’ Hall, 9, Trinity Lane, London
- Portrait Prize Painters, A Gallery, 154 Merton Hall Rd, Wimbledon
- Timeless Bath, Quest Gallery, St James St, Bath
- Working Artists, Dorset, Poole Lighthouse arts centre, Dorset
- Remembered Landscape, Long & Ryle, John Islip St, London London Arts Fair, Business Design
Centre Islington, (represented by Long and Ryle)
- 2008 Wessex Land, Wessex People, Dorset County Museum, Dorset
- 20/21 Art Fair RCA (represented by Long & Ryle), London
- Two Portrait Painters, St. Barbe Museum and Art Gallery, Hants
- 2007 Bulldog Trust RP Self Portrait, Temple Place, London
- Figure This, Mall Galleries, London
- Past Present, Sesame Gallery, London
- Print Originals, Mall Galleries, London
- 2013 Prince of Wales Drawing Award
- 2009 Lynn Painter Stainer Prize, First prize
- 2007 University of Wales Purchase Prize (Print Originals, Mall Galleries)
- 2006 BP Travel Award (NPG) Changing Faces Prize for Portraiture
- 2005 Prince of Wales Portrait Drawing Prize