I studied Graphic Design at St Martin’s School of Art, London. I went on to work for 12 years in design groups and advertising agencies, managing several high profile accounts in both London and Paris. Upon my return to London in 1993 I decided to fulfil my long-term ambition and began to paint full time. In May 2000 I was elected to become a member of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters.
My work has been selected for exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery, London on five occasions during the BP Portrait Award exhibitions. Since 1999 my paintings and drawings have been shown annually at the Royal Society of Portrait Painters exhibition at the Mall Galleries in London. My work is also held in several collections both public and private, and can be seen regularly elsewhere in London and around the UK.
GEOFFREY HAYZER PRICE GUIDE
20 x 16 inches £6,000
36 x 28 inches £10,000
60 x 40 inches £20,000
20 x 16 inches £2,500
36 x 28 inches £4,000
This is a rough fee-guide for a single portrait. Frame, travel & accommodation expenses, and VAT are not included. For groups and non-standard sizes please ask for a quote.
METHOD OF WORKING
My approach follows a tradition of strong drawing skills combined with close observation of my sitters. My work is made from a combination of sittings and photographs, tailored to suit the requirements of both of us in order to achieve the desired result.
I am more than happy to travel to meet and work with you in your environment and then refine the work in my studio in Somerset. I work in oils, and my drawings are in charcoal. A finished work can take some time – think months rather than weeks – in order for me to realise my objectives.
I am not currently registered for VAT.
- Professor Sir John Gurdon
Nobel Prize for Medicine and Physiology (2012)
for Christ Church, Oxford
- Professor Jonathan Cohen
Emeritus Professor, Brighton and Sussex Medical School
- Professor Tony Badger
Master of Clare College, Cambridge
- The Right Honourable
Baroness Boothroyd O.M.
- P.C.Professor William Brown CBE
Master of Darwin College, Cambridge
- Doctor Gillian Sutherland
Newnham College, Cambridge
- Lord Runciman
President of the British Academy
- John Lewis
Headmaster of Eton College
- Peter Faulkner
President of the Royal Society of Chartered Surveyors
- The Royal Society of Portrait Painters – 1999 to date
- The BP Portrait Award – 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2000
- Singer & Friedlander / The Sunday Times Watercolour Exhibition – 1996
- Beatrice Royal, Eastleigh – 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002
- Langham Fine Art, Suffolk – 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
- Exhibition of Self Portraits, The Bulldog Trust – 2007
- Catmose Gallery, Rutland – 2011
- Richards Butler Commercial & EC Group, London – 1996
- Open Studios, Spitalfields Arts Project – 1993, 1995
- Whitechapel Open – 1996
- The Discerning Eye – 1997