Robbie Wraith left school at 16, and went to study painting in Florence at the invitation of Pietro Annigoni. He has had over thirty exhibitions in Britain, Europe, America, and China. He has work in the private collection of HM The Queen as well as more than 40 pictures in the private collection of HRH The Prince of Wales, also the Royal Collection Windsor, The Vatican, Chatsworth, The National Trust, Oxford and Cambridge Universities, Eton College, Blarney Castle, The MCC, Shell International, Fondazione Fremantle ,C. Hoare & Co., The Honourable Society of The Middle Temple and many others.
A long list of distinguished portrait sitters has included HM TheQueen, The 11th Duke and Duchess of Devonshire commissioned by HRH The Prince of Wales, The Archbishops of Canterbury and York, and Nelson Mandela, drawn while accompanying HRH The Prince of Wales to South Africa, Swaziland and Lesotho.
Other work for The Prince of Wales includes two series of pictures of the house and gardens at Highgrove and a series of HMY Britannia. Other commissions include the painting presented to Pope John Paul II to commemorate his visit to Canterbury, and frescoes in two churches in Italy.
This is a rough fee-guide for a single portrait. Frame, travel & accommodation expenses are not included. For groups and non-standard sizes please ask for a quote.
METHOD OF WORKING
I always work from life and need about ten sittings for a painting but fewer for a drawing. I prefer to work in my studio but am also happy to travel to my sitters. I am registered for VAT.
- Her Majesty The Queen
- The 11th Duke and Duchess of Devonshire
- Nelson Mandela
- Robert Runcie Archbishop of Canterbury
- John Hapgood Archbishop of York
- Sir Roger Penrose O.M.
- Andrew Graham, Master of Balliol College, Oxford
- Roger Waters
- Koo Stark
- Laura Bailey
- Prince Dimitri Obolensky
- Sir David Prosser, Chairman of the RAC Club
- Rodney Baker-Bates for Hoares Bank
- The Rt. Hon. The Lord Judge as Lord Chief Justice.
He has had twenty-six one-man exhibitions in Britain, Europe and America
Selected mixed exhibitions:
- ‘Travels with The Prince’ – Hampton Court Palace
- ‘Princes as Patrons’ – Museum of Wales,
- The Royal Academy,
- The National Portrait Gallery,
- Royal Watercolour Society,
- New English Art Club,
- The Discerning Eye
- Henry Wyndham Fine Art,
- Threadneedle Art Exhibition
- C. Hoare & Co.
- The Honourable Society of The Middle Temple
and many others.