Melissa Scott-Miller studied at the Slade School of Fine Art.
In 2018 Melissa was elected a member of the Royal British Artists. She also won the People’s choice prize at the Lynn Painter Stainers exhibition and the Dry Red Press Award at the New English Art club annual exhibition. Also she had a large painting, ‘view from a tenth floor in Islington’ exhibited at the Royal academy summer exhibition.
Over the past 30 years her work has been shown in many group exhibitions, including the Mark Jason Gallery; New English Art Club; Royal Society of Portrait Painters; Hunting/Observer Art Prizes, The Mall Galleries; A T Kearney; B P Portrait Award; The London Group; and on 17 occasions at the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition.
She has had several solo exhibitions in New York, including most recently at the Mark Jason Gallery, which now shows her work on a regular basis.
Melissa was elected a member of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters in 1999. She has won a number of awards, including the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize (£15,000) in 2008. Also The South Bank Picture Show (2nd Prize); The Lucy Morrison Award, Royal Overseas League; and the Elizabeth Greenshield Foundation Scholarship.
She now teaches at Heatherley’s School of Fine Art, London and the Royal Drawing School.
20 x 16 inches £3,500
24 x 20 inches £4,500
30 x 25 inches £5,500
36 x 28 inches £6,500
40 x 30 inches £8,000
50 x 40 inches £9,000
60 x 40 inches £10,000
20 x 16 inches £500
24 x 20 inches £600
30 x 25 inches £850
This is a rough fee-guide for a single portrait. Frame, travel & accommodation expenses, and VAT are not included. For groups and non-standard sizes please ask for a quote.
METHOD OF WORKING
Melissa is happy to travel to sitters. She likes to have about five sittings for a portrait. Melissa is not currently registered for VAT.
- 2007 London Views, Mark Jason Gallery, London
- 1993 Royal Overseas League, London
- 1987 Albemarle Gallery, London
- 1983 Acquavella Gallery, New York
Selected Mixed Exhibitions
- 2011 Arthur Ackerman Gallery
- 2010 Cross Gate Gallery, Kentucky USA
- 2009 and 2011 Lynn Painter Stainer Prize
- 2007 Group Show, Oakham Gallery
- 2006 Group Show, Oakham Gallery
- 2002 Metropolis, Group Show, Mark Jason Fine Art
- 2002 Gallery Artists, Mark Jason Fine Art
- 2001 Diverse, Mark Jason Fine Art
- 1999 London to Londinium, A.T.Kearney, London
- 1998 Gardens, A.T. Kearney
- 1997-2011 Royal Society of Portrait Painters, The Mall Galleries
- 1997 Grosvenor Gallery, Four British Artists
- 1996/97 New English Art Club
- 1993-1998 Hunting/Observer Art Prizes, The Mall Galleries, London
- 1992 The Spectator Art Prize Exhibition, Barbican
- 1992-96 BP Portrait Awards, National Portrait Gallery
- 1989/90 Leicestershire Schools Exhibition
- 1989-92 ROSL Annual Open Exhibition, London
- 1988/92 The London Group
- 1988-91 South Bank Picture Show, Royal Festival Hall, London
- RA Summer Exhibitions, Royal Academy,First of all I’m now RP,NEAC, RBAUnder exhibitions if you could just add 2014, 2018, 2019 at the RA summer exhibition2014 BP portrait award, Nat gall2015, 2018 Threadneedle prize exhibition2019 urban contemporaries2019 Twenty Twenty gallery, Ludlow ‘a sense of place’
- 2008 Oakham Gallery prize NEAC1992 The Lucy Morrison Award – Royal Overseas League
- 2008 was when I won the Lynn painter stainers ( not 2009)2018 won the dry red press award at NEAC2018 won the people’s choice award at the Lynn Painter Stainers Lynn Painter Stainers, first prize
- 1988 Second Prize, The South Bank Picture Show
- 1985 Elizabeth Greenshield Foundation Scholarship
- 1981 The Rodney Byrne Scholarship
- 1980 The Audrey Wykeham Prize
- 1979 The Lord Leighton