Mark Roscoe’s meteoric progression makes him one to watch. His Self Portrait entry was used to advertise the 1998 BP Portrait Award which helped to establish his reputation as a portrait painter. When Mark first exhibited with the Royal Society of Portrait Painters he won the ‘Changing Faces Award’ which was a commission to paint a portrait. The resulting work was exhibited the following year which won him the top prize, the ‘ Ondaatje Prize for Portraiture ‘. A couple of years later he was elected as an associate member and was soon promoted to full membership.
Since then Mark has completed a large number of commissions for both private and corporate clients,
Born in Australia but raised in the UK, Mark went on to study Fine Art at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art where he achieved a BA (Hons) Degree.
MARK ROSCOE PRICE GUIDE
20 x 16 inches £3000
24 x 20 inches £4000
12 x 10 inches £8000
20 x 16 inches £10000
24 x 20 inches £12000
30 x 25 inches £14000
36 x 28 inches £16000
40 x 30 inches £18000
50 x 40 inches £20000
60 x 40 inches £24000
This is a rough fee-guide for a single portrait. These prices include all material expenses, travel, accommodation, framing and delivery. For groups and non-standard sizes please ask for a quote. Mark is not currently registered for VAT.
METHOD OF WORKING
I can paint on site from life or entirely from photographic reference although my preference is to use a mixture of techniques to heighten the visual relationship; I generally like to do 3 sittings. Getting to know the person being painted is important so I begin with a few informal life sittings. These sittings are simply relaxed conversations at a place of your choice where I make some drawings and take some photographs. Most of the painting is done in my studio but when nearing completion you will be given the opportunity to advise on the finishing touches. When everyone is happy with the outcome we arrange a convenient time for it to be delivered.
MARK ROSCOE has painted
- Prince Tunku Abdullah and Family
- Professor Averil Cameron, Warden of Keble College Oxford
- Professor Wade Allison
- Professor Noel Lloyd,Vice Chancellor of Aberystwyth University
- Andre de Breyne, Economist and Benefactor
- Sir Brian Smith, former Master at St Catherine’s College Oxford
- David Crossland, Founder and Chairman of Airtours
- Ronald J.R. Asprey
- Cardinal Keith Patrick O’Brien
- Neil Douglas, President of the Royal College of Physicians
- James Ogilvy, Son of Princess Alexandra
- Gavyn Arthur, Lord Mayor of London
- Professor Anthony Smith, former President of Magdalen College Oxford
- Professor David Yates,Warden of Robinson college, Cambridge
- Peter Wallace, President of the Association of Anesthetists.
- Bill Oddie, former Goodies star and television presenter.
- John Stone, founder of Lombard International Assurance
- Frances Cairncross, Rector of Exeter College Oxford.
- John Orr, President of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Sir Michael Brady, BP Professor, Department of Engineering Science, Oxford
- Professor Dinesh Bhugra, President of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Lord Gill, Lord President of the Faculty of Advocates.
- Doctor Richard Birkshave, President of the Association of Anaesthetists
- Mr John Matthews, Chair of Governers, Forest School
- Neil Dewhurst, President of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- Lord Hardie, Former Senator of the College of Justice and lord Advocate
- Lord Plant, Raymond former Master of St Catherine’s College Oxford
- Judith Rees, Interim Director of the London School of Economics
- Dr Archie Brain, Anaesthetist and Inventor of the Laryngeal Mask Airway
- Neil Dewhurst, President of the Royal College of Physicians
- Royal Academy Summer Exhibition, London
- Compass Gallery Glasgow
- BP Portrait Award National Portrait Gallery 1998-99-04
- London Art Fair, Earls Court London (live portrait painting demonstration)
- Medici Gallery Cork Street, London
- Lynn Painter Stainers Exhibition London
- Royal Scottish Academy Summer Exhibition
- Royal Society of Portrait Painters Annual Exhibition
- Ruth Borchard Self Portrait competition
- Inspired – Charity Auction in aid of the British Red Cross (two portraits donated)
- 2012 Changing Faces Commission Prize
- 2013 Royal society of Portrait Painters Ondaatje Prize for Portraiture
- 2017 Jackson Open Painting Prize, 1st Place Winner