After a 2-year Foundation Course at St. Martin’s School of Art, Jane became an Assistant to Edward Delaney, a well known scenic artist, who painted most of his backcloths on the studio floor in the continental manner. She worked on scenery for everything from Grand Opera to Bertram Mills’ circus !
Jane wanted to continue working in the theatre in any capacity, and gradually progressed from Wardrobe, to Costumer Supervisor and finally became a Designer for Opera, Film, Theatre and Television productions.
In 1978 after taking part time life classes, she became obsessed with drawing for its own sake, and went to City and Guilds School of Art as a mature student for a 3-year painting diploma course, and was then offered a Post Graduate place at the Royal Academy Schools for a further 3 years. She left in 1984 and has since concentrated on her own work.
Apart from a passion for trees, her work is mainly concerned with painting people in their environment and so Portrait Commissions are always welcome.
METHOD OF WORKING
After meeting a sitter and discussing ideas, she make sketches and take photographs before preparing the canvas. Jane requires eight to twelve sittings in her studio which are usually from two to three hours – with plenty of breaks !
If necessary, Jane is happy to visit sitters in their own surroundings, but prefers to complete the work in her studio in West London. I am not currently registered for VAT.
JANE BOND PRICE GUIDE
24 x 20 inches £7,750
30 x 25 inches £9,000
36 x 28 inches £10,000
40 x 30 inches From £12,000
50 x 40 inches From £14,000
60 x 40 inches From £16,500
From 20×16 inches From £2,000
This is a rough fee-guide for a single portrait. Frame, travel & accommodation expenses, and VAT are not included. For groups and non-standard sizes please ask for a quote.
- The Rt. Hon Betty Boothroyd MP
- Lord Ron Dearing CB
- Mrs Vivienne Duffield CBE
- The Hon Charlotte Dugdale
- Sir Aaron Klug OM
- Major General J.D. MacDonald CB CBE
- The Rt. Hon Baroness Perry of Southwalk
- 1981 National Portrait Gallery – Imperial Tobacco Award
- 1982 Hayward Gallery – British Drawing
- 1983 Cleveland International Drawing Biennale
- 1984 Christie’s Inaugural – The Pick of New Graduate Art
- 1985 Riverside Studios – Riverside Open
- 1988 USSR Touring Exhibition – Riverside Artists Group
- 1992 Glyndebourne Opera House – Selected Drawings
- 1992 Cooling Gallery – “A Critics’ Choice” II and III
- 1996/7/9 Langham Fine Arts, Suffolk 1998 Alresford Gallery, Hampshire
- 1998/9 National Portrait Gallery – selection from RP Annual Exhibition
- 2000 People’s Portraits – UK Touring Exhibition Royal Society of Portrait Painters
- 2000 Woodgates Gallery, Suffolk – Spring Exhibition
- 2001 Glyndebourne Opera House – S