John Walton studied at Ruskin School of Drawing, Oxford, Slade School of Fine Art, London. Exhibited at Royal Academy, Royal Society of Portrait Painters, Paris Salon, Academie des Beaux Arts — Institut de France, and throughout the UK and France.
Governor of the Federation of British Artists 1983-96, Chairman 1990-96 he also acted as Senior Executive of the FBA leading negotiations for a new lease on the Mall Galleries. He was the Principal of Heatherley’s School of Fine Art, Chelsea.
Elected a member of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters (RP) in 1976 he organised an exchange exhibition with the Société des Artists Français in 1982 with RP Members showing in the Grand Palais and the British Embassy in Paris. In 1986 he undertook the work to transform the Portrait Society into an incorporated Charity.
Principal, Heatherley School of Fine ArtHon Treasurer, Royal Society of Portrait Painters
Co Secretary, The Thomas Heatherley Educational Trust
Executive Chairman, Board of Governors, Federation of British Artists
JOHN WALTON PRICE GUIDE
20 x 16 inches £7,140
24 x 20 inches £9,060
30 x 25 inches £12,300
36 x 28 inches £15,396
40 x 30 inches £17,700
50 x 40 inches £27,300
60 x 40 inches £32,100
This is a rough fee-guide for a single portrait. Frame, travel & accommodation expenses, and VAT are not included. For groups and non-standard sizes please ask for a quote.
METHOD OF WORKING
I am happy to paint groups and to work from photographs if necessary. I am not currently registered for VAT.
- H.M. King Hussein of Jordan
- H.R.H. Duchess of Gloucester as Colonel in Chief Royal Irish Rangers Marshal of the Royal Force
- Sir Michael Beetham
- Major General Le Marchant (Posthumous)Royal Military Academy Sandhurst Lieutenant General Sir Anthony Mullens
- Captain Marcus Ervine Andrews V.C. Lancashire Regiment Gloria
- Countess of Bathurst
- Lord McAlpine of Moffat
- Lord Cadman
- Lord Barnby, Chancellor University of Bradford
- The Rt. Hon. Sir Stephen Brown, President, Family Division, High Court
- The Rt. Hon. Sir Roy Beldam
- Lord of Appeal Mr Justice Gage
- Mr Justice Lind Smith
- Sir Max Williams, President, The Law Society
- Sir Reginald Murley, President, Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Dr. Stuart Carne, President the Royal College of General Practitioners
- Professor Alistair Bellingham, President, Royal College of Pathologists
- Professor Geoffrey Chamberlain, President, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Sir Rodney Sweetenham, President, Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Royal Academy
- Royal Society of Portrait Painters
- Paris Salon
- Academie des Beaux Arts, Institut de France
- and throughout the UK and France
Melville Nettleship Prize for Figure Composition.