Positions of Office:
- 2000-2005- President of the Society of Women Artists (SWA)
- 2004-2013-President of the Royal Miniature Society (RMS)
- 2005-2019-Patron of the Society of Limners
- 2013- Honorary President of the Royal Miniature Society
- 2014- Member of the order of the British Empire (MBE) for Services to the Arts, presented by Her Majesty The Queen at Windsor Castle.
- 1995- Royal Miniature Society
- 1994-2009- Hilliard Society
- 1998-2014-Society of Women Artists
- 2016- Chelsea Arts Club.
Royal Academy, Royal Miniature Society, Royal Portrait Society, Royal Institute of Oil Painters, Society of Women Artists, Discerning Eye, Hunting Observer, Llewellyn Alexander Gallery, Hilliard Society, Chelsea Art Society, The Barbican, John Noott Gallery, National Fine Arts Museum Malta, British Painters, Africa ’97, Jersey Arts Centre, Tasmania Australia, Washington USA, Paris, France, C24 Gallery, New York.
HRH The Prince of Wales; HRH Princess Michael of Kent; The Worshipful Company of Clockmakers (Housed in the Science Museum); The Worshipful Society of Apothecaries; National Museum of Fine Arts, Malta.
- 1965 Royal Drawing Society London Children’s Award, 1st Prize in Senior Art with Brooke Bond Travel Scholarships and Educational Awards
- 1992,1997,2002,2008, Bell Award for Best Portrait Hilliard Society
- 1992,1993,1994, Gold Bowl Honorable Mention, RMS
- 1993,1994,Suzanne Lucas’ Best in Exhibition, RMS
- 1995, Gold Memorial Bowl, RMS
- 1995,1999,2004,Mundy Sovereign Portrait Award, RMS
- 1999 Best Group Award, RMS
- 2002,2004, Presidents Choice Award, RMS
- 2004, Barbara Tate Award, SWA
- 2005 Peter Charles Booth Memorial Award, RMS
- 2006, Daler Rowney Award, RMS
2008 Joyce Rowsell Choice Award, Hilliard Society
- 2008 Anita Emmerich Award, RMS
- 2009 People’s Choice Award, SWA
- 2009 Bonham’s Portrait Award, RMS
- 2011 Anthony J Lester Art Critic Award, RMS
- 2012 HRH The Prince of Wales Award for Outstanding Miniature Painting, RMS
- 2013 Arturi Philips Award, RMS
- 2015 Arturi Phillips Commendation, RMS
- 2019 Arturi Phillips Award, RMS.
The Techniques of Painting Miniatures by Sue Burton; The Royal Miniature Society One Hundred Years by Suzanne Lucas: Who’s Who in Art since 1996; The Society of Women Artists Exhibitors 1855-1996 by Charles de Laperriere; The Arturi Phillips Collection and Dictionary of Miniature Painters 1855-1996 by Arturi Phillips; Painting Miniatures by Pauline Denyer Baker; Artists in Britain since 1945 by David Buckmam;
Numerous magazines and newspapers including: The Independant, The Times, Antique Collecting, Antique Trade Gazette, Evening Standard, Art in London, Antique Dealer and Collectors Guise, Artists and Illustrators, Brighton and Hove Argus and others.
Radio 4’s Woman’s Hour, BBC World Service, Radio Essex, Maltese TV and Radio, BBC 1 Flog It!, Antiques Roadtrip and Trade Secrets.