Born in Australia but raised in the UK, Mark went on to study Fine Art at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art where he achieved a BA (Hons) Degree. His Self Portrait entry was used to advertise the 1998 BP Portrait Award which helped to establish his reputation as a portrait painter. Since then Mark has completed over a hundred commissions for both private and corporate clients, painted Bill Oddie for the BBC 1 Programme “Star Portraits with Rolf Harris” and more recently won the 2013 Royal Society of Portrait Painters Ondaatje Award for the most distinguished portrait of the year.
MARK ROSCOE PRICE GUIDE
20 x 16 inches £8,000
24 x 20 inches £10,000
30 x 25 inches £12,000
36 x 28 inches £14,000
40 x 30 inches £16,000
50 x 40 inches £18,000
60 x 40 inches £20,000
20 x 16 inches £2000
24 x 20 inches £2500
30 x 25 inches £3000
36 x 28 inches £3500
40 x 30 inches £4000
50 x 40 inches £5000
60 x 40 inches £6000
This is a rough fee-guide for a single portrait. Frame, travel & accommodation expenses, and VAT are not included. For groups and non-standard sizes please ask for a quote.
METHOD OF WORKING
I can paint on site from life or entirely from photographic reference although my preference is to use a mixture of techniques to heighten the visual relationship. Getting to know the person being painted is the most important part of the process so after we have decided on the composition and content of the portrait I begin with life sittings. During relaxed conversation at your home or office (a place of your choice) I will make some drawings and take some photographs. I carry out most of the work in my studio but will send you an update or preview when required. Finally I return to complete the portrait from life, only a few sittings should be necessary at this point and I welcome any comments and suggestions for the final touches. After the portrait is complete and everyone is happy with the outcome I arrange a convenient time for it to be delivered.
I am not currently registered for VAT.
- Prince Tunku Abdullah and Family
- Professor Averil Cameron, Warden of Keble College Oxford
- Professor Wade Allison
- Professor Noel Lloyd,Vice Chancellor of Aberystwyth University
- Andre de Breyne, Economist and Benefactor
- Sir Brian Smith, former Master at St Catherine’s College Oxford
- David Crossland,Founder and Chairman of Airtours
- Ronald J.R. Asprey
- Cardinal Keith Patrick O’Brien
- Neil Douglas, President of the Royal College of Physicians
- James Ogilvy, Son of Princess Alexandra
- Gavyn Arthur, Lord Mayor of London
- Professor Anthony Smith, former President of Magdalen College Oxford
- Professor David Yates,Warden of Robinson college, Cambridge
- Peter Wallace, President of the Association of Anesthetists.
- Bill Oddie, former Goodies star and television presenter.
- John Stone, founder of Lombard International Assurance
- Frances Cairncross, Rector of Exeter College Oxford.
- John Orr, President of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- Sir Michael Brady, BP Professor, Department of Engineering Science, Oxford
- Professor Dinesh Bhugra, President of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Lord Gill, Lord President of the Faculty of Advocates.
- Doctor Richard Birkshave, President of the Association of Anaesthetists
- Mr John Matthews, Chair of Governers, Forest School
- Neil Dewhurst, President of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- Lord Hardie, Former Senator of the College of Justice and lord Advocate
- Lord Plant, Raymond former Master of St Catherine’s College Oxford
- Judith Rees, Interim Director of the London School of Economics
- Dr Archie Brain, Anaesthetist and Inventor of the Laryngeal Mask Airway
- Neil Dewhurst, President of the Royal College of Physicians
- Royal Academy Summer Exhibition, London
- Compass Gallery Glasgow
- BP Portrait Award National Portrait Gallery 1998-99-04
- London Art Fair, Earls Court London (live portrait painting demonstration)
- Medici Gallery Cork Street, London
- Lynn Painter Stainers Exhibition London
- Royal Scottish Academy Summer Exhibition
- Royal Society of Portrait Painters Annual Exhibition
- Ruth Borchard Self Portrait competition
- Inspired – Charity Auction in aid of the British Red Cross (two portraits donated)
- 2012 Changing Faces Commission Prize
- 2013 Royal society of Portrait Painters Ondaatje Prize for Portraiture